Range of Services
The Orthopaedic University Hospital currently employs 135 staff and consists of
- the clinic part with 95 beds
- the outpatient clinic with four consultation rooms,
- the physiotherapy and
- the research department.
More than 3700 orthopedic procedures are performed annually in the four modernly equipped operating rooms, covering the entire spectrum of surgical therapy for diseases of the musculoskeletal system. With the implantation of 1200 total endoprosthesis plastics annually, we are one of the university hospitals in Germany with the highest implantation figures.
Our main areas of expertise include the
- surgical treatment of arthrosis and rheumatoid arthritis
- surgical treatment of sports injuries with rehabilitation,
- spinal surgery
- pediatric orthopedics
- treatment of bone and soft tissue tumors
A special focus is on operations on the spine. In this area, the clinic covers the entire surgical spectrum, from minimally invasive operations, vertebral body replacement for bone tumors, spinal fusion and erection for scoliosis, to operations for congenital spinal deformities.The clinic provides medical support to the Olympic Training Center Magdeburg/Halle.
In doing so, we use our many years of versatile experience in:
- minimally invasive interventions,
- reconstructions of ligament and meniscus injuries in the knee and shoulder joint
In regularly organized surgical courses, physicians from all over Germany are informed about the findings and results.